“Okay, cutting to the chase, not dead, back, big surprise, nevermind.”*
My list of favorite scriptwriters now includes Steven Moffat.
I was in church last Saturday night and the man across the aisle was wearing a gun. Apparently, the law here is that if you have a concealed carry permit, you can open carry in church. I did not know the man. I did not feel safer. I felt less safe and wondered what his worldview was that he felt he needed to bring his gun to Mass.
I know summer’s over because:
- I see geese flying in V-formation
- I saw my first branch of autumn leaves
- My Jobulator app, after a quiet summer, has started sending out alerts for substitute teaching
- I’m starting to think about things with pumpkin
- I looked up when BCHS has home football games
My gardenia tree has about 20 buds on it. Two less because of a squirrel that eats them as they start to open. I’m going to watch Caddyshack for ideas on vermin eradication.
If this is possible – I am a late bloomer who is ahead of my time.
Please don’t use these words around me: Hacks. Literally.
Point to ponder: “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” George Carlin
* Missy, in Dr. Who, Magician’s Apprentice.